Work-permit is mostly always needed to work in Canada. Depends on your situation, you or your employer need to apply following Work Permit.

1. PGWP – Post Graduation Work Permit

If you graduated from a designated learning institution and your school is on designated learning institution list, you may be eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). It is an open work permit.
Length of your PGWP depends on your study program.
less than eight months
o you aren’t eligible for a PGWP
more than eight months but less than two years
o your PGWP may be valid for up to the same length as your study program (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for up to nine months)
two years or more
o a PGWP may be issued for three years
more than one program
o a PGWP may be valid for up to three years, for example, if you finished a diploma or degree from an eligible school in Canada, and within the next two years you get a one-year graduate degree or diploma from an eligible school in Canada.

We will help clients to apply PGWP after they finish studying in Canada.

There are solutions to get a valid Work Permit if your school is not qualified for PGWP. Please contact us for further information.

2. LMIA – Labour Market Impact Assessment

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job. It will also show that no Canadian worker is available to do the job.

LMIA is an employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:
-the name of the employer you can work for,
-how long you can work, and
-the location where you can work (if applicable).
A positive LMIA can also help you to receive extra points from Express Entry’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). [50 or 200 additional points]LMIA process is complicated for both employee and employer. Our consultant can help you and your employer prepare all necessary documents and solve problems during application process.

3. Spouse Work Permit

If you are a skilled worker or international student, in most cases, your spouse or common-law partner can apply for an open Work permit that allows him or her to accept any job with any employer during your working or studying in Canada. Most couples want to apply PR together. Sometimes it is difficult to decide who should be the main applicant. Our consultants can help you to make decision that bases on an overall consideration of various factors.



Visit Canada

Study in Canada

Work in Canada

Immigrate to Canada



Our office

#505-666 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 3P6, Canada
Tel: (604) 788-9864
Fax: (604) 688-2419